Sandro Vecchio’s main areas of expertise are business litigation and advising executives and companies. He regularly carries out administrative and internal investigations on behalf of public law entities and private companies.
He acts in matters of criminal, administrative and civil liability of managers and companies, in shareholders disputes, labour disputes, reputation and media crises, audit compliance, etc.
Sandro works alongside his clients, assisting and accompanying them towards a way out of conflict when faced to administrative or judicial authorities, the media and private interests. The quality of his strategic and practical advice, his independence and discretion regularly lead him to be appointed by public authorities and multinational corporations.
He is recognized as an experienced litigator and a go to person as investigator in various specialized international trade journals in particular Legal 500 (Litigation-Corporate investigations) and Leader’s League (commercial litigation).
Sandro is Deputy Judge at the Geneva Administrative Court of First Instance and Chairman of the interparty judicial commission in charge of appointing the magistrate of the Canton of Geneva. He is also certified Mediator (Swiss Federation of Lawyers), lecturer at the University of Geneva (School of Avocature – oral expression) and was a member of the Council of the Geneva Bar from 2016 to 2021. Former Senior Officer (Major) in the Swiss Army, Sandro also practices defense in military criminal matters.
He works mainly in French, English, Italian and Spanish.
– Business and corporate Litigation
– Investigations and internal audits
– Criminal, administrative and civil liability of managers
– Customs Fraud, International Sanctions and Anti-Corruption
– Commercial Mediation
Advising a group of shareholders in a dispute related to the control of a multinational company.
Assistance to a major Swiss company in the context of a dispute with its employees.
Senior advisor to the Swiss subsidiary of a listed international group (luxury goods).
Counsel to a trading company in tax proceedings.
Counsel to an entrepreneur in an investigation for alleged customs fraud.
Appointed by important public institutions for administrative and internal investigations.Regularly appointed by the State of Geneva to carry out administrative investigations.Assistance and representation of a major investor victim of a large international scam
Legal 500 — dispute resolution : litigation – corporate investigations
« Sandro Vecchio is a go-to person for corporate investigations »
Leaders’ League — Litigation and Business Criminal Law
– “Anti-corruption in Switzerland” in Market intelligence – Getting the Deal Through Anti-corruption 2019.
– “Internal investigations and the Activity of the Investigating Lawyer in Switzerland: State of Play”, in Juriste International, journal of the International Bar Association, 2019/2.
– “When Compliance Meets Legal Privilege”, in Revue de l’Avocat, Spring 2019.
– “Corporate Investigations in Switzerland. A Look at the Limits of Legal Privilege”.
– A Swiss Perpective to Corruption and Internal Investigations: Tips and Tools to Avoid Common Pitfalls (Mondaq, 11 Novembre 2021)
– “Lawfully Obtained Evidence and its Use in Dispute Resolution, Especially in Worldwide Asset Recovery” (UIA, Zermatt, March 2018)
– “Lawyers in Schools/Speaking is a Lead”, conferences on the legal profession and rhetoric organized jointly by the Geneva Bar Association and the Geneva Department of Public Education.
– “Public Speaking Workshops”, training for adults.
– International Association of Lawyers (UIA)
– Swiss Bar Association (SBA)
– Geneva Bar Association (OdA)
– Chairman of the Administrative Law Commission of the Bar Association
– Chairman of the Judicial Commission of the PDC [Christian Democratic Party-Geneva Branch]
Pierluca Degni specialises in criminal law and commercial litigation. His practice includes private international law and international mutual assistance in criminal and administrative matters. His experience is recognised in the judicial field and he is particularly active in banking litigation, the coordination of cross-border disputes, as well as in asset recovery matters (Court ordered freezes and provisional measures).
Pierluca defends his clients in complex proceedings, and also intervenes in labour disputes or in the resolution of inheritance and family disputes. He is an SBA (Swiss Bar Association) certified specialist barrister in criminal law. He is recognized as a leading figure in judicial litigation by various specialized international journals.
A graduate of the Universities of Fribourg (bilingual French/German master’s degree) and Turin (L.L.M. International Trade Law), Pierluca is a lecturer at the University of Geneva (Bar School – Legal Practice/Speech), a Deputy Judge at the Criminal Court, Member of the Bar Examination Commission, and former Chairman of the Young Bar Association.
He practices in French, English, German, Italian and Spanish.
– Criminal Law
– Business Crime Defence
– Commercial and Banking Litigation
– Debt Collection and Enforcement
– Inheritance and Family Litigation
– Fraud and Investigations
– Representing several clients (individuals and companies) for the recovery of retrocessions against many banks in Geneva.
– Representing a foreign state before the Federal Criminal Authorities.
– Counsel to a Swiss asset management company in criminal proceedings before the Federal Attorney General.
– Execution of urgent measures against sovereign assets in Switzerland.
– Enforcement in Switzerland of French, Italian and English judgments.
– Counsel to several European and South American creditors in the bankruptcy of Banque Espirito Santo in Switzerland.
– Co-counsel of an American Blue Chip in a trans-European employment litigation.
– Counsel to a sports federation in an anti-corruption matter.
– Counsel to a politically exposed person in international mutual assistance proceedings in criminal matters between Spain and Switzerland.
WHO’S WHO LEGAL — ASSET RECOVERY 2017-2021
« Pierluca Degni is a standout figure in the European market for asset recovery matters. He specialises in asset recovery proceedings before civil, criminal and bankruptcy courts. »
WHO’S WHO LEGAL — BUSINESS CRIME DEFENCE 2020-2021
« Pierluca Degni is very impressive at negotiating with prosecutors and extremely quick to provide concrete solutions to clients. »
“Pierluca Degni is applauded by sources for his deep experience of complex financial crime cases and impressive courtroom presence.”
LEGAL 500 – DISPUTE RESOLUTION : LITIGATION 2020
« Pierluca Degni is a standout figure in litigation, with extensive courtroom experience. He thinks out of the box and immediately understands which strategy needs to be applied to the case. »
LEADERS’ LEAGUE — LITIGATION AND BUSINESS CRIMINAL LAW 2020
– “Anti-corruption in Switzerland” in Market intelligence – Getting the Deal Through Anti-corruption 2019/2020/2021
– “Handlungspflichten des Treuhänders bei Geldwäscherei” in Expert Focus (December 2015 and February 2017)
– “Free reflections on Mediation and the Bar” in Lettre du Conseil ODAGE (August 2015)
– “The Hacked or Defrauded Customer in Remote Banking Relationships – What duty of care for banks?” in Jusletter (May 2015)
Antonia Mottironi specialises in international asset recovery, with a particular focus on cross-border insolvency and enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards. She regularly represents the interests of foreign insolvency office holders and victims of economic crime in Switzerland.
She also coordinates and monitors complex disputes involving multiple jurisdictions, in particular common law jurisdictions, and arbitral tribunals (LCIA, ICSID, ICC).
Her activity is based on a close and trustworthy collaboration with her clients, which is based on an in-depth understanding of their needs and goals and of the legal, commercial and reputational issues at stake in each dispute.
Areas of practice :
– Debt collection and bankruptcy
– Recognition and enforcement of judgments and arbitral awards
– Cross-border insolvency
– Business crime
– International mutual assistance in civil and criminal matters
– Representing the foreign insolvency office holder of a British company victim of fraud and mismanagement in the Swiss ancillary bankruptcy and before civil courts
– Representing an insolvent Antiguan company and its joint liquidators before the Federal Criminal Court with respect to the handing over to the US Department of Justice of Swiss banking assets forfeited in a criminal trial against the perpetrator of a Ponzi scheme
– Coordinating international litigation in a large-scale art law dispute involving more than 10 jurisdictions (including Singapore, Monaco, Switzerland, USA)
– Who’s who Legal 2021: National Leader, Asset Recovery
– Who’s who Legal 2021 – GIR: Global Leader, Asset Recovery
– Who’s who Legal 2020 – GIR: Global Leader, Asset Recovery
« Antonia Mottironi draws praise for being “very active in the asset recovery space and an impressive lawyer”
– Switzerland, The Asset Tracing and Recovery Review, Law Business Research (2019-2021)
– Enforcement of judgments and arbitral awards in Switzerland: overview, Enforcement of Judgments and Arbitral Awards in Commercial Matters Global Guide, Thomson Reuters, 2017-2020)
– A journey between distant places: how Saad Group’s Cayman liquidators are seeking compensation from foreign banks, Insol World (2020, Q3)
– New Cross-Border Insolvency Bill : First Experiences One Year On, Asset Recovery Magazine (2020)
– Switzerland – Overlooked Tools For Pre-Trial Evidence Outside of Criminal Proceedings, Asset Recovery Magazine (2018)
– Switzerland – A new hope? The Swiss Government adopts its Dispatch to the Parliament on an amendment to the provisions governing recognition of foreign insolvencies, Lexology (2017)
– A Swiss Perpective to Corruption and Internal Investigations: Tips and Tools to Avoid Common Pitfalls (Mondaq, 11 Novembre 2021)
– Locating Insolvency Proceedings as a Result of Fraud, workshop (Thought Leaders, IWIRC London, IWIRC International, London, 24 October 2021)
– The Insolvency Practioners’ Toolkit in Europe and Beyond (IWIRC Europe, 14 September 2021)
– Forum on the International Enforcement of Judgements and Awards (Cambridge Forums, 28-29 June 2021)
– Switzerland: Asset Recovery in Switzerland (Mondaq, 14 October 2020)
– The State or not the State? When State-Owned Companies are Treated as a Foreign State for the Purposes of Sovereign Immunity? (ABA/RAA 12th Annual Virtual Conference on The Resolution of CIS-Related Business Disputes, 17 September 2020)
– Arbitration and Fraud in Russia and CIS, Common Structures and Challenges Unwinding Them (Informa Connect, 10 July 2020)
– Banks: Fraud Claims arising out of Anti-Money Laundering and other Obligations (FIRE Starters, 11 June 2020)
– Asset Tracing & Recovery: Trends and Techniques to identify assets and recover debts (Grant Thornton, London, 10 March 2020)
– Offshore – a haven for dirty money, or at the forefront of asset recovery? (Asset Recovery International, Dublin, 28 February 2020)
– Recovery of assets stemming from criminal offences : States’ various remedies vs personal protection of property, in particular at a transnational level (AIJA, Hong Kong, 24 May 2019)
– Cultural gaps between common law and civil law jurisdictions when it comes to the question of “truth” (Asset Recovery Next Generation, London, 26 March 2019)
– Forum on the International Enforcement of Judgements and Awards (Cambridge Forums, London, 3-5 June 2018)
– Fraud and Corruption: International Developments (Corporate Fraud & Forensics India Summit, Mumbaï 10 August 2017)
– The Recovery of Fraudulently Stolen Assets (Corporate Fraud & Forensics India Summit, Mumbaï, 11 August 2017)
– Geneva Bar Assocation
– Swiss Bar Association
– IWIRC Europe (member of the board)
– Association for debt collection and bankruptcy law
Sophie Faigaux joined the Firm as Office Manager in November 2020. She is in charge of the smooth running of the reception and all administrative aspects of the office.
She has more than eight years experience in providing services within large multinationals, including five years in managing teams in various sectors (real estate, mobility, administration, reception and security).
Gianmarco Caliri Delgado joined the Firm as an Associate in September 2019. He practices in the areas of economic criminal law and commercial and banking litigation. He also practices sports law.
He studied at the University of Geneva, where he obtained a Bachelor of Laws (2015), a Certificate in Transnational Law (2016), a Master in Economic Law (2017) as well as the Certificate of Advanced Studies in legal profession (2017).
After obtaining his bar exam (2019), Gianmarco studied at the University of Neuchâtel, where he obtained a Diploma of Advanced Studies in Sports Law (2021).
He practises in French, Italian, English, Spanish and Portuguese.
Coralie Christin joined the Firm as an Associate in December 2020. She practices in the areas of labour law disputes, general and economic criminal law, asset recovery and family litigation.
She studied at the University of Geneva, where she obtained a Bachelor of Laws (2016), a Master of Laws (2018) as well as the Certificate of Advanced Studies in legal profession (2018). She obtained her bar exam in 2020.
Prior to passing her bar exam, Coralie worked as an ad hoc clerk at the Labour and Criminal Court of the La Côte District in Nyon.
Carole Ehretsmann has been a trainee lawyer since June 2020. She practices in the field of legal advice and litigation in civil, criminal and administrative matters.
She studied at the University of Fribourg, where she obtained a bilingual Bachelor Degree in Law (2016) and a bilingual Master Degree in general law (2018). She completed her second Master’s semester at the University of Glasgow.
She also holds a Certificate of Advanced Studies in legal profession from the University of Geneva (2019).
Parallel to her studies, she worked in a major law firm as a legal and paralegal assistant, as well as a summer trainee in a law firm specialising in debt collection.