Sandro Vecchio’s main areas of expertise are business litigation and advising executives and companies. He also has extensive experience in internal investigations (private and administrative).
He acts in matters of criminal, administrative and civil liability of managers and companies, in shareholders disputes, labour disputes, reputation and media crises, audit compliance, etc.
Sandro works alongside his clients, assisting and accompanying them towards a way out of conflict when faced to administrative or judicial authorities, the media and private interests. The quality of his strategic and practical advice, his independence and discretion regularly lead him to be appointed by public authorities and multinational corporations.
He is recognized as an experienced litigator and a go to person as investigator in various specialized international trade journals.
Sandro is an SBA (Swiss Bar Association) certified mediator a adjunct lecturer at the University of Geneva (BarSchool – Oral Expression), a member of the Council of the Geneva Bar Association and a deputy judge at the Administrative First Instance Court. He is a senior officer (Major) in the Swiss Army.
He works mainly in French, English, Italian and Spanish.
– Business Litigation
– Criminal, administrative and civil liability of managers
– Internal audits and administrative investigations
– Customs Fraud, International Sanctions and Anti-Corruption
– Commercial Mediation
Senior advisor to the Swiss subsidiary of a listed international group (luxury goods).
Counsel to a trading company in tax proceedings.
Counsel to an entrepreneur in an investigation for alleged customs fraud.
Assisting an executive in complex proceedings with criminal and bankruptcy aspects.
Appointed by an important public institution for an internal investigation on a subject with reputational risk.
Legal 500 — dispute resolution : litigation – corporate investigations
« Sandro Vecchio is a go-to person for corporate investigations »
Leaders’ League — Litigation and Business Criminal Law
– “Anti-corruption in Switzerland” in Market intelligence – Getting the Deal Through Anti-corruption 2019.
– “Internal investigations and the Activity of the Investigating Lawyer in Switzerland: State of Play”, in Juriste International, journal of the International Bar Association, 2019/2.
– “When Compliance Meets Legal Privilege”, in Revue de l’Avocat, Spring 2019.
– “Corporate Investigations in Switzerland. A Look at the Limits of Legal Privilege”.
– “Lawfully Obtained Evidence and its Use in Dispute Resolution, Especially in Worldwide Asset Recovery” (UIA, Zermatt, March 2018)
– “Lawyers in Schools/Speaking is a Lead”, conferences on the legal profession and rhetoric organized jointly by the Geneva Bar Association and the Geneva Department of Public Education.
– “Public Speaking Workshops”, training for adults.
– International Association of Lawyers (UIA)
– Swiss Bar Association (SBA)
– Geneva Bar Association (OdA)
– Chairman of the Administrative Law Commission of the Bar Association
– Chairman of the Judicial Commission of the PDC [Christian Democratic Party-Geneva Branch]
Pierluca Degni specialises in criminal law and commercial litigation. His practice includes private international law and international mutual assistance in criminal and administrative matters. His experience is recognised in the judicial field and he is particularly active in the coordination of cross-border disputes, as well as in anti-corruption and asset recovery matters (Court ordered freezes and provisional measures).
Pierluca defends his clients in complex proceedings, and also intervenes in labour disputes or in the resolution of inheritance and family disputes. He is an SBA (Swiss Bar Association) certified specialist lawyer in criminal law. He is recognized as a leading figure in judicial litigation by various specialized international journals.
A graduate of the Universities of Fribourg (bilingual French/German master’s degree) and Turin (L.L.M. International Trade Law), Pierluca is a lecturer at the University of Geneva (Bar School – Legal Practice/Speech), a Deputy Judge at the Criminal Court, Member of the Bar Examination Commission, and former Chairman of the Young Bar Association.
He practices in French, English, German, Italian and Spanish.
– Criminal Law
– Business Crime Defence
– Commercial Litigation
– Debt Collection and Enforcement
– Inheritance and Family Litigation
– Fraud and Investigations
– Representing a foreign state before the Federal Criminal Authorities.
– Counsel to a Swiss asset management company in criminal proceedings before the Federal Attorney General.
– Execution of urgent measures against sovereign assets in Switzerland.
– Enforcement in Switzerland of French, Italian and English judgments.
– Counsel to several European and South American creditors in the bankruptcy of Banque Espirito Santo in Switzerland.
– Co-counsel of an American Blue Chip in a trans-European employment litigation.
– Counsel to a sports federation in an anti-corruption matter.
– Counsel to a politically exposed person in international mutual assistance proceedings in criminal matters between Spain and Switzerland.
Legal 500 – dispute resolution : litigation
« Pierluca Degni is a standout figure in litigation, with extensive courtroom experience. He thinks out of the box and immediately understands which strategy needs to be applied to the case. »
Who’s Who Legal — Asset Recovery 2019
« Pierluca Degni is a standout figure in the European market for asset recovery matters. He specialises in asset recovery proceedings before civil, criminal and bankruptcy courts. »
Who’s Who Legal — Business Crime Defence 2020
Leaders’ League — litigation and business criminal law
– “Anti-corruption in Switzerland” in Market intelligence – Getting the Deal Through Anti-corruption 2019
– “Handlungspflichten des Treuhänders bei Geldwäscherei” in Expert Focus (December 2015 and February 2017)
– “Free reflections on Mediation and the Bar” in Lettre du Conseil ODAGE (August 2015)
– “The Hacked or Defrauded Customer in Remote Banking Relationships – What duty of care for banks?” in Jusletter (May 2015)
Anissa Benmoussa has been Office Manager of the Firm since December 2017, responsible for the smooth running, coordination and supervision of all administrative aspects.
Prior to joining the Firm, Anissa worked for several years as an account manager in the Geneva luxury hotel industry and in a renowned fiduciary company.Anissa obtained a Technological Baccalaureate, option in tourism (2008) and a “BTS” in business unit management (2010) in Annecy.
Gianmarco Caliri Delgado joined the Firm as an Associate in September 2019. He practices in the areas of economic criminal law and commercial and banking litigation. He also practices sports law.
He studied at the University of Geneva, where he obtained a Bachelor of Laws (2015), a Certificate in Transnational Law (2016), a Master in Economic Law (2017) as well as the Certificate of Advanced Studies in legal profession (2017).
After obtaining his bar exam (2019), Gianmarco studied at the University of Neuchâtel, where he obtained a Diploma of Advanced Studies in Sports Law (2020).
He practises in French, Italian, English, Spanish and Portuguese.
Adam Zaki has been a trainee lawyer since March 2019. He practices in the field of legal advice and litigation in civil, criminal and administrative matters.
He studied at the University of Geneva, where he obtained a Bachelor in Law (2017), a Certificate in Transnational law (2018), a Master in Economic Law (2019) and a Certificate of Advanced Studies in legal profession (2019). He completed his final semester of his Master’s degree at Seoul National University in South Korea.
In parallel to his studies, Adam was a paralegal in a local law firm as well as a member of a student-run pro bono legal clinic (PJE).
In 2018, Adam was awarded the “Corneille” prize for public speaking at the University of Geneva.
Andrea Baratta has been a trainee lawyer since April 2019. He practices in the field of legal advice and litigation in civil, criminal and administrative matters.
He studied at the University of Geneva, where he obtained a Bachelor Degree in Law (2016), a Master Degree in Economic Law (2018) as well as a Certificate of Advanced Studies in legal profession (2018).
In parallel to his studies, he worked in a Geneva-based private equity fund and in a renowned Roman law firm.
He also completed part of his legal internship in a Parisian law firm specialized in asset recovery and debt enforcement.
Carole Ehretsmann has been a trainee lawyer since June 2020. She practices in the field of legal advice and litigation in civil, criminal and administrative matters.
She studied at the University of Fribourg, where she obtained a bilingual Bachelor Degree in Law (2016) and a bilingual Master Degree in general law (2018). She completed her second Master’s semester at the University of Glasgow.
She also holds a Certificate of Advanced Studies in legal profession from the University of Geneva (2019).
Parallel to her studies, she worked in a major law firm as a legal and paralegal assistant, as well as a summer trainee in a law firm specialising in debt collection.