Sandro Vecchio’s main areas of expertise are business litigation and advising executives and companies. He regularly carries out administrative and internal investigations on behalf of public law entities and private companies.
He acts in matters of criminal, administrative and civil liability of managers and companies, in shareholders disputes, labour disputes, reputation and media crises, audit compliance, etc.
Sandro works alongside his clients, assisting and accompanying them towards a way out of conflict when faced to administrative or judicial authorities, the media and private interests. The quality of his strategic and practical advice, his independence and discretion regularly lead him to be appointed by public authorities and multinational corporations.
He is recognized as an experienced litigator and a go to person as investigator in various specialized international trade journals.
Sandro is an SBA (Swiss Bar Association) certified mediator a adjunct lecturer at the University of Geneva (BarSchool – Oral Expression), a member of the Council of the Geneva Bar Association and a deputy judge at the Administrative First Instance Court. He is a senior officer (Major) in the Swiss Army.
He works mainly in French, English, Italian and Spanish.
– Business Litigation
– Criminal, administrative and civil liability of managers
– Administrative investigations and internal audits
– Customs Fraud, International Sanctions and Anti-Corruption
– Commercial Mediation
Advising a group of shareholders in a dispute related to the control of a multinational company.
Assistance to a major Swiss company in the context of a dispute with its employees.
Senior advisor to the Swiss subsidiary of a listed international group (luxury goods).
Counsel to a trading company in tax proceedings.
Counsel to an entrepreneur in an investigation for alleged customs fraud.
Defence of an important executive in complex proceedings with criminal and bankruptcy aspects.
Appointed by an important public institution for an internal investigation on a subject with reputational risk.
Legal 500 — dispute resolution : litigation – corporate investigations
« Sandro Vecchio is a go-to person for corporate investigations »
Leaders’ League — Litigation and Business Criminal Law
– “Anti-corruption in Switzerland” in Market intelligence – Getting the Deal Through Anti-corruption 2019.
– “Internal investigations and the Activity of the Investigating Lawyer in Switzerland: State of Play”, in Juriste International, journal of the International Bar Association, 2019/2.
– “When Compliance Meets Legal Privilege”, in Revue de l’Avocat, Spring 2019.
– “Corporate Investigations in Switzerland. A Look at the Limits of Legal Privilege”.
– “Lawfully Obtained Evidence and its Use in Dispute Resolution, Especially in Worldwide Asset Recovery” (UIA, Zermatt, March 2018)
– “Lawyers in Schools/Speaking is a Lead”, conferences on the legal profession and rhetoric organized jointly by the Geneva Bar Association and the Geneva Department of Public Education.
– “Public Speaking Workshops”, training for adults.
– International Association of Lawyers (UIA)
– Swiss Bar Association (SBA)
– Geneva Bar Association (OdA)
– Chairman of the Administrative Law Commission of the Bar Association
– Chairman of the Judicial Commission of the PDC [Christian Democratic Party-Geneva Branch]
Pierluca Degni specialises in criminal law and commercial litigation. His practice includes private international law and international mutual assistance in criminal and administrative matters. His experience is recognised in the judicial field and he is particularly active in the coordination of cross-border disputes, as well as in anti-corruption and asset recovery matters (Court ordered freezes and provisional measures).
Pierluca defends his clients in complex proceedings, and also intervenes in labour disputes or in the resolution of inheritance and family disputes. He is an SBA (Swiss Bar Association) certified specialist lawyer in criminal law. He is recognized as a leading figure in judicial litigation by various specialized international journals.
A graduate of the Universities of Fribourg (bilingual French/German master’s degree) and Turin (L.L.M. International Trade Law), Pierluca is a lecturer at the University of Geneva (Bar School – Legal Practice/Speech), a Deputy Judge at the Criminal Court, Member of the Bar Examination Commission, and former Chairman of the Young Bar Association.
He practices in French, English, German, Italian and Spanish.
– Criminal Law
– Business Crime Defence
– Commercial Litigation
– Debt Collection and Enforcement
– Inheritance and Family Litigation
– Fraud and Investigations
– Representing a foreign state before the Federal Criminal Authorities.
– Counsel to a Swiss asset management company in criminal proceedings before the Federal Attorney General.
– Execution of urgent measures against sovereign assets in Switzerland.
– Enforcement in Switzerland of French, Italian and English judgments.
– Counsel to several European and South American creditors in the bankruptcy of Banque Espirito Santo in Switzerland.
– Co-counsel of an American Blue Chip in a trans-European employment litigation.
– Counsel to a sports federation in an anti-corruption matter.
– Counsel to a politically exposed person in international mutual assistance proceedings in criminal matters between Spain and Switzerland.
Legal 500 – dispute resolution : litigation
« Pierluca Degni is a standout figure in litigation, with extensive courtroom experience. He thinks out of the box and immediately understands which strategy needs to be applied to the case. »
Who’s Who Legal — Asset Recovery 2020
« Pierluca Degni is a standout figure in the European market for asset recovery matters. He specialises in asset recovery proceedings before civil, criminal and bankruptcy courts. »
Who’s Who Legal — Business Crime Defence 2020
« Pierluca Degni is very impressive at negotiating with prosecutors and extremely quick to provide concrete solutions to clients. »
Leaders’ League — litigation and business criminal law
– “Anti-corruption in Switzerland” in Market intelligence – Getting the Deal Through Anti-corruption 2019
– “Handlungspflichten des Treuhänders bei Geldwäscherei” in Expert Focus (December 2015 and February 2017)
– “Free reflections on Mediation and the Bar” in Lettre du Conseil ODAGE (August 2015)
– “The Hacked or Defrauded Customer in Remote Banking Relationships – What duty of care for banks?” in Jusletter (May 2015)
Sophie Faigaux joined the Firm as Office Manager in November 2020. She is in charge of the smooth running of the reception and all administrative aspects of the office.
She has more than eight years experience in providing services within large multinationals, including five years in managing teams in various sectors (real estate, mobility, administration, reception and security).
Gianmarco Caliri Delgado joined the Firm as an Associate in September 2019. He practices in the areas of economic criminal law and commercial and banking litigation. He also practices sports law.
He studied at the University of Geneva, where he obtained a Bachelor of Laws (2015), a Certificate in Transnational Law (2016), a Master in Economic Law (2017) as well as the Certificate of Advanced Studies in legal profession (2017).
After obtaining his bar exam (2019), Gianmarco studied at the University of Neuchâtel, where he obtained a Diploma of Advanced Studies in Sports Law (2020).
He practises in French, Italian, English, Spanish and Portuguese.
Coralie Christin joined the Firm as an Associate in December 2020. She practices in the areas of general and economic criminal law, labour law disputes, inheritance and family litigation, asset recovery and enforcement.
She studied at the University of Geneva, where she obtained a Bachelor of Laws (2016), a Master of Laws (2018) as well as the Certificate of Advanced Studies in legal profession (2018). She obtained her bar exam in 2020.
During her studies, Coralie worked as an ad hoc clerk at the Criminal and Labor Court of the La Côte District in Nyon.
Carole Ehretsmann has been a trainee lawyer since June 2020. She practices in the field of legal advice and litigation in civil, criminal and administrative matters.
She studied at the University of Fribourg, where she obtained a bilingual Bachelor Degree in Law (2016) and a bilingual Master Degree in general law (2018). She completed her second Master’s semester at the University of Glasgow.
She also holds a Certificate of Advanced Studies in legal profession from the University of Geneva (2019).
Parallel to her studies, she worked in a major law firm as a legal and paralegal assistant, as well as a summer trainee in a law firm specialising in debt collection.
Léa Miranda Monteiro has been a trainee lawyer since February 2021. She practices in the field of legal advice and litigation in civil, criminal and administrative matters.
She studied at the University of Geneva, where she obtained a Bachelor Degree in Law (2018), a Certificate in Transnational Law (2020) and a Master in General Law (2021).
In parallel to her studies, she worked in the Housing Office of the University of Geneva and was a member of a voluntary legal service run by students (PJE). She also completed a summer internship at our law firm in 2020.
She will obtain the Certificate of Advanced Studies in legal profession in july 2021.
She works in French, English, Portuguese and Spanish.